10 Design Tips For Spring
Break out of the winter blues and update your home for the Spring! We sat down with our Interior Designers at Senior Living Communities, Gina Gaines and Jaime Totherow to speak about ten easy and unique ways to update your home for Spring!
1. A good spring cleaning is ALWAYS the best design tip for ANY season. Clean out the clutter and do a good thorough cleaning! It’ll make you feel better mentally as well – a clean home is a clear mind!
2. Fresh flowers are always a hit in the spring! As the roses and gardenias bloom, put them in vases and spread throughout the house.
3. New slip covers for sofas and chairs in light fabrics are a great way to change a look and brighten up a room!
4. Add summer pillows to beds, sofas and chairs!
5. Remove heavy drapery and clean windows to bring the light in!
6. New kitchen placemats, napkins and dish towels are a simple, but fun way to decorate for the season!
7. Spray paint any worn outdoor furniture and add new cushions! A new outdoor rug is a great way to freshen up your patio and tie your furniture together.
8. Your local Homegoods, Lowe’s and Home Depot stores have a great selection of planters and pottery. Purchase a large indoor plant, place in a container and add moss. This helps add some “life” to a room. Using the planters on patios and decks adds a “pop” of color! You can even plant your vegetables in these! This is a perfect application for small tomato plants.
9. Place all vegetables and fruits in an old wooden bread bowl after a trip to the Farmer’s Market as a centerpiece for your island or table.
10. Change out your heavy bedding for lightweight linen and cotton duvets and quilts!